Here are some handling instructions for the best life of your Pashmina:
AIRING / RESTING:
In the case of pashminas, washing shouldn’t be your first option.
Airing the shawl by hanging it on a towel or just on a hanger in the fresh air will work to rid the cloth of sweat or smell. Let the Pashmina rest for approximately 24 hours.
Dry cleaning is the best-recommended option. However, if you feel confident to handle the fabric, here are a few washing tips that can come in handy:
- Hand wash in lukewarm/cold water using neutral detergent only.
- Detergent should fully dissolve in the water before putting your pashmina in.
- Wash coloured garments separately.
- To dry only Squeeze gently, Do not wring or twist.
- Thin fibres of Pashmina are weaker when wet, only hang-dry Indoors. Avoid hanging in direct sunlight.
- Never iron the Pashmina directly. Use a cool iron over a cotton cloth cover to protect the delicate fibres.
- Store the Pashmina shawls folded or rolled in the cupboard shelf wrapped in a muslin cloth.